Fill in the Customized Quote form on the left or call 614-402-5160 to get quotes and more details on Assurity Life Final Expense
Assurity Life Insurance Company began about 120 years ago and is now headquartered in Lincoln Nebraska. The products offered include Final Expense life insurance(burial insurance), Term and Whole Life insurance, Critical illness, Annuities and more.
Assurity Life has always valued their policyholders. They paid all the policies on the servicemen killed in World War II, even though they had no legal obligation to do so. In 2015 the surplus reached $348 million, and total capital reached record levels significantly higher than the industry average. Assurity Life built a reputation for “best in class” service and a very conservative approach to financial management.
5 Reasons Assurity Life Final Expense is better than other companies
- Tobacco Rates or Nicotine based products – Sometimes, more times than not, these are the best smoker rates in the Final Expense Life insurance industry for women and men of all ages. This a go to first company for tobacco and nicotine users!
- Diabetics using insulin – If the applicant’s diabetes is “controlled” usually indicated by an A1C of under 7, and has no complications as a result of diabetes, they could get the immediate death benefit.
- Placement of a cardiac defibrillator in the last five years will not limit the applicant to only the return of premium option. If this is the only yes answer then the applicant would qualify for the Graded product and have 40% coverage in the first year and 75% int the second. Very few companies will offer this type of level for a person that has a defibrillator.
- Strokes and TIAs in the last two years usually knock an applicant down to the return of premium option. The Assurity Life Final Expense plan would off the Graded 40% and 70% option if it occurred within the last 12 months, and they could get an immediate death benefit if it was more than 12 months ago.
- If it has been more than 12 months since an applicant was diagnosed or treated for congestive heart failure (CHF) or cardiomyopathy, the applicant would all qualify for the Modified Death benefit. Again, most companies would only offer a two to three year return of premium and a little interest.
Reasons to purchase an Assurity Life Final Expense Insurance Policy
Health Underwriting – Assurity Life final expense (burial insurance) has a comparably lenient approach to underwriting, and you may qualify for a better policy with them, than another company. They are straight forward about what is acceptable and what is not. Seldom, if ever, have we seen them stray from the questions on the application. If the applicant was 100% honest about answering the questions on the application, they usually qualify for the level indicated.
Assurity Life does take other steps to ensure they are also doing their due diligence. They will run an MIB (Medical Information Bureau) report, order a prescription history and a phone interview. Applicants under the age of 40 are not required to do a phone interview, but everyone must pass the height and weight chart. Although it’s very generous, no exceptions will be made and if a person falls outside of the parameters, they should talk with their independent agent for the next best option. Women will have an advantage because the guidelines are unisex.
There are special guidelines for children 0 through 16 according to their age. If the child’s height and weight measurements exceed the listed amounts for their age, the next age is used.
THREE LEVELS OF COVERAGE
(coverage varies in some states)
- Ages 6 months through 80. If you have an excellent health
- $5,000 to $50,000
Graded Death Benefit
- Ages 40-80
- $5,000 to $35,000 (66-80 maximum is $25,000)
- Pays 40% in the first year, 75% in the second, and 100% thereafter
- Pays the full death benefit during the first two years for an accidental death
Modified Death Benefit
- Ages 40-80
- $5,000 to $25,000
- Policy pays 110% of the premiums paid in year one, 220% in the second, and 100% thereafter
Automatic declines The following is a list of most declinable conditions. If you have one of the following, please consult with your independent agent to find another alternative.
EVER diagnosed or treated or sought medical attention for:
- Leukemia, Hodgkin’s and blood or bleeding disorder
- Parkinson’s, systemic lupus, any connective tissue disorder, ALS
- cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis B,C or D
- Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, lymphoma, lymph node enlargement or malignant melanoma
- Organ or tissue transplant
- Cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, sickle cell anemia, Down’s syndrome, congenital heart disease or cystic fibrosis
- Kidney disease that required dialysis
- Life expectancy of 12 months or less
Conditions accepted after certain amounts of time have expired
- Felony charges or convictions in the last 2 years.
- Treatment for internal cancer in the last 5 years.
- Heart bypass surgery, angioplasty, stents or implantation of a cardiac defibrillator in the last 5 years.
- Been advised to have surgery or treatment that is not yet completed.
- Had a medical test for which the results are not known.
- Been confined to a psychiatric facility or received home health care in the last 90 days.
- Been confined to any type of medical facility for more than 48 continuous hours in the last 12 months.
- Had diabetes with complications including neuropathy, numbness, amputations, circulation disorders, kidney disorder, retinopathy, been in a diabetic coma or had insulin shock in the last 12 months.
- Last 12 months needed assistance with activities of daily living including toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding, transferring, walking, taking medications or grooming yourself.
- Had or been advised to be treated for COPD or emphysema, used oxygen, first diagnosed with any heart disease, had a heart attack, angina or advised to have or had any circulatory, heart or brain surgery in the last 12 months.
What to look for in the Best Final Expense Policies
The first thing you should look for to find the best Final Expense (burial insurance), is the level of approval. No one can predict when they are going to die. To say that you are healthy now, “I’m not going anywhere any time soon “does not justify a new diagnosis tomorrow. If Assurity Life offers a immediate death benefit, or even the Modified product for a few dollars more than it costs for a two or three year return of premium, you should take it!
It’s better for you to trim down the amount of death benefit to make it fit within your budget. Take for example a person purchased a $10,000 graded return of premium policy with company X for $50.00 per month. If they died in the 13th month, their beneficiaries would only get $650.00 plus 10% interest amounting to a total of about $715.00.
- If they had bought an $8,000 Assurity Life Modified Final Expense policy, their beneficiary would have received $6,000. Even if they passed one month after they purchased the policy, it would have paid out $3,200.
Give us a few minutes to see if you qualify for the Level or Modified Benefit. Call 614-402-5160.