Fill out the form to request rate comparisons (or call (614) 402-5160) for a Capitol Life Medicare Supplement
Capitol Life Insurance Company began in 1906 in Colorado, but they have since moved their headquarters to Dallas, Texas. In 2007, they became a part of the Liberty Bankers Insurance Group, along with American Benefit Life Insurance Company and Liberty Bankers Life Insurance. Capitol Life has earned a B++ rating by A.M. Best and has a rating outlook noted as stable.
Capitol Life has over $300 million in total assets, and the Liberty Bankers Insurance Group has a total of about $2.3 billion in assets. Capitol Life services families throughout the nation to help them manage the financial stress of healthcare costs and fill in the gaps original Medicare leaves.
Capitol Life Insurance Company offerers Medicare Supplement plans A, N, G, and F. Plan A is available to those under 65 years of age. Plan F is only available for those who were eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.
Applying for a Capitol Life Medicare Supplement
You can apply for a Capitol Life Medicare Supplement by either a paper or electronic application making it one of the best Medicare Supplements. If you choose to use the paper application, you, along with one of our agents, will call to verify information and possibly ask additional questions. Our agents will be with you throughout this to be sure you provide the best and accurate information possible. Capitol Life will provide you with the decision of whether they accept or reject you by the end of that one phone call. If you choose to complete the online application, you will likely receive a decision from Capitol Life within ten minutes. However, they may call with additional questions just as they would with a paper application. Regardless of which application method you choose, you may receive a decision the same day you apply.
What You Need To Know About Certain Health Conditions with the Capital Life Medicare Supplement
One of the benefits of a Capitol Life Medicare Supplement plan is that they do not have a height and weight table you must fall in as most providers require. As with most Medicare Supplement providers, Capitol Life offers both tobacco and non-tobacco rates. Capitol Life has the general policy of denying coverage if any of the health-related questions are answered “Yes.”
The following is a list of conditions that will disqualify you for the Capitol Life Medicare Supplement plans. Please note: This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Hospitalized, confined to a bed, receiving home health care or physical therapy, or in a nursing assisted living facility or using a wheelchair or motorized device
- Advised to have treatment, evaluation, diagnostic testing, or surgery by a medical professional in the past year that has not been completed
- Last blood pressure reading was more than 175/100 (either number greater)
- Been treated in a hospital, emergency room, nursing facility convalescent care facility, assisted living facility, mental facility, or Hospice Care more than once in the past 5 years
Conditions you’ve ever had:
- Congestive heart failure, un-operated aneurysm, or defibrillator
- Leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, or cirrhosis
- Parkinson’s Disease, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, or cerebral palsy
- Chronic kidney disease, kidney failure, kidney disease requiring dialysis, renal insufficiency, or Addison’s Disease
- Any condition requiring any transplant: stem cell, bone marrow, or organ
- AIDS, ARC, or HIV
- Diabetes: requiring insulin or with complications including retinopathy, neuropathy, peripheral vascular or arterial disease, or heart artery blockage or with a heart attack or stroke or treated with medication that has been changed in the past year because of uncontrolled blood sugar
Conditions in the last 12 months:
- Heart attack, artery blockage, or heart valve disorder
- Wet macular degeneration and have taken injections
- Pacemaker implanted
- PSA test greater than 4.5 with no prostate cancer history (age <70) or PSA test greater than 6.5 with no prostate cancer history (age 70+)
- Had a seizure
Conditions in the past 24 months:
- Enlarged heart, TIA, stroke, peripheral vascular or arterial disease, neuropathy, or an amputation because of a disease
- Myasthenia gravis, systemic lupus, or any connective tissue disorder
- Osteoporosis with related fractures, Paget’s Disease, or arthritis restricting mobility or daily living activities
- Any lung or respiratory disorder requiring a nebulizer or oxygen, or more than two medications for any lung or respiratory disorder
- Lung or respiratory disorder in addition to current tobacco use
- Mental or nervous disorders such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia (excluding anxiety)
- Brain disorders such as hydrocephalus
Conditions in the past 36 months:
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- Any blood disorder or anemia needing multiple blood transfusions
- Cardiomyopathy or atrial fibrillation
- Internal cancer, melanoma, or Hodgkin’s Disease
- Any disorder of the pancreas or hepatitis
If you have one of these conditions and are not applying during Open Enrollment or for Guaranteed Issue coverage, call (614) 402-5160 or fill out the form to the left, and our agents will find another company that is right for you.
7% Household Discount in Most States
Most states offer a 7% household discount if you and your partner (or someone you’ve resided with consistently for the past 12 months) both have Capitol Life Insurance Company Medicare Supplement plan or you are both in the process of applying for it. Each state has different requirements based on your location.
Benefits of Choosing a Capitol Life Medicare Supplement
Regardless of which Capitol Life Medicare Supplement plan you choose, you will have:
- 12-Month Rate Guarantee No rate increase during your first year of coverage
- 30 Days Free Look Full refund of all premiums paid for returning any policy for any reason within the first 30 days
- Guaranteed Renewable As long as your premiums are paid on time, you will never lose coverage or benefits for the life of the policy
- Portable Coverage Coverage comes with you if you move
- Choice of Medical Professionals If you don’t want to change your doctor, you don’t have to, and you’ll still be covered
We can help make the Capitol Life Medicare Supplement application process simple and easy while making sure you get the best coverage possible; just call (614) 402-5160 or fill out the form to the left.