Fill out the Customized Quote to get rates for the Philadelphia American Medicare Supplement
PHILADELPHIA MEDICARE SUPPLMENT
Philadelphia American began in 1924 and is part of a larger organization known as New Era. The corporate office is located in Houston Texas and there is a satellite branch in Omaha Nebraska.
Our agents are authorized to sell the Philadelphia American and New Era Medicare supplement plans, but the final decision to accept an applicant is decided by the underwriters in the home office. Even if you are applying for coverage during your initial enrollment period or a guaranteed issue period, you should allow several weeks for processing. There are times the underwriters may request additional documentation and may want to conduct a telephone interview.
If you are applying within the first 6 months of having Medicare part B, or a guaranteed issue period, your claims cannot be contested. However, outside of those circumstances, any misstatement of tobacco use, or medical conditions can cause the policy to be rescinded and your claims could be denied during the first 2 years.
Every person who applies will get a call from the home office to complete an interview which must be completed by the applicant. If you are assisting someone as their power of attorney, you cannot complete the call for the applicant. If this is the case we’ll find you a different company that will allow the POA to act on the applicant’s behalf.
This is one of the best Medicare Supplements to consider if you have been declined by other companies because of your weight. You don’t need to worry about your weight! Philadelphia American and New Era don’t consider your height and weight.
Philadelphia American Medicare Supplement Application Guidelines
- You cannot submit an application more than 90 days before your requested effective date unless you are in your applying up to 6 months in advance of your 65 birthday.
- Our agents can send your application in electronically, by fax or mail. They do not need the original copies.
- Medicare Supplements cannot be backdated so our agent needs to send in your application at least 5 days before your requested effective date.
- Do not apply if you have Medicaid. The application will be declined.
- If you had to be medically underwritten and answer the health questions, and you received and type of medical care or advice before your policy has been approved, you must notify the home office. The underwriter will determine if it will effect your acceptance.
- You must live in the United States, not just be a US Citizen to be approved.
- There is a 30 day “Free Look” period. This means you can cancel your policy within 30 days of receiving it for a full refund. You should be aware that if you incurred any claims during that first 30 days and you use the free look, the claims will be denied.
- Applicants who are applying during a Guaranteed Issue period can choose the A,B,C,F or High Deductible F. Other plans are available if you want to answer the health questions.
If you have been a smoker in the last 5 years, you’ll get the smoker rates.
How to Pay Your Philadelphia American Medicare Supplement Premiums
- If you want to pay monthly, it is cheaper to set it up for a monthly bank draft from a checking or savings account. Monthly mailed statements will cost an additional $2.00 per month.Credit and debit cards will are not accepted.
- The first premium payment whether it’s monthly, quarterly, semiannual or an annual payment, is due immediately when your policy is approved. This could cause an overlap of payments with your current policy. We can help you time it so that you don’t double pay in one month and have to ask the prior company for a refund.
- No third party checks of any kind can be used to pay the premiums.
Prepare before you talk with our independent agents to apply for Philadelphia American
- Name, address and phone number of your primary care physician (the doctor who manages your ongoing conditions).
- Current coverage information including the name of the company, type of policy and the date that is planned for termination.
- Banking information-The only form of payment accepted for an e-application is a periodic bank draft.
- List of all medication
- List of your medical conditions and dates of last treatment, therapy or surgery.
An easy way to narrow down if you will pass the health questions is by taking a look at the following list of conditions that will likely cause a decline. In order to be considered, all questions on the application must be answered NO. If you have to answer yes to anything you should not apply and proceed to talk with your independent agent about a different company.
Conditions that will cause a decline
- Current use of a cane, walker, wheelchair or motorized scooter
- Currently confined or recommended to be confined to a hospital or nursing facility
- Confined to a hospital two or more time in the last 2 years or confined to a nursing home totaling 2 weeks or more
Conditions that will not be considered for coverage if you have had treatment in the last 5 years
(The list is not all inclusive and some conditions may be evaluated on a case by case basis)
- AIDS or ARC
- Alzheimer ’s disease, Dementia Parkinson’s, organic brain disorders and seizures
- Defibrillator implanted
- Any form of Cancer except squamous and basil cell skin cancer
- Heart and vascular conditions including but not limited to heart attack, coronary bypass, stents, peripheral vascular disease, aortic valve disorder, atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, mitral valve disorder, unstable angina or coronary insufficiency.
- Respiratory disorders including COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, sleep apnea with the use of an oxygen concentrator or bottled oxygen.
The underwriting is stringent but the rates are some of the the lowest in the industry for certain ages, plans and states. If you have had significant increases in premiums on your current policy, this company may offer some savings to you. Contact us at 614-402-5160 for a brief evaluation, and well give you the Best Quote!